Wednesday, February 14, 2007

After the unforgiveable


Visit this artist's profile.
This fan art appeals to me because it freezes the exact nanosecond after Snape kills DD. It is my firm belief that DD and Snape had a plan. (and this would be what I am taking to Phoenix) JKR would not have us know that DD and Snape are both accomplished occulmens and then have the pause. That second where "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face." (HBP American ed pg 595) I am not saying DD is still alive. I am saying that this was staged. With the "Severus please..." I am sure that Snape was hesitating and DD had to remind him. I don't think Snape wanted to kill DD. I believe he was under orders to kill him. So that Harry would have enough balls to finish the quest alone. Snape then disappears running off with Snotface (er I mean Draco) even Buckbeak joins in the play acting only screaming and chasing..NOT tearing flesh from bone as he easily could have. Look at the art again--he is so sad. My poor darling having to axe his mentor. painful. Consider again the text-- revulsion and hatred. You can certainly be repulsed by something you have to do (anybody changed a diaper lately?) and why not hatred when you are faced with such a hideous task?
My Snape is innocent.

No comments: