Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Just four days

I learned a lot over the past weekend. I was in observational mode for much of the time. Much of what I learned is that people really don't listen to each other--at least not on trains. Friday at 8:28 am I got on the train in Ann Arbor and rode that puppy till I got to Fargo, ND. After attending the Crown Tournament of my beloved Northshield, Tarrach got me back on the train in the wee hours of Sunday morning and I limped home nearly 23 hours later Monday night. I watched people... alot. I hid behind my ipod and studied mankind. Man's inhumanity to man.

When I was actually at the event I was kept pretty busy hugging friends and clan sisters, serving feast and oogling eating daggers. I finally got my perfect cordial drinking cuppy. It is ingen Aeda green. There was very happy several hours in Fina's living room making vodka drinks of varying strengths and flavors while tucked safely into the corner of the couch. I haven't felt that blissfully content in a long time. We argued semantics and literary history... we giggled and played in the henna, plotted future trips and had some much needed quality time.

There are of course some new pics in the album.

No comments: