Wednesday, November 7, 2007

purposely vague

I went to a meeting last night...it was apparently a convention of Stepfordwives(tm) and Mr Roger's clones. Everyone was so...so...CLEAN and well fed. It scared me. Nothing like the crowd in the city. Each "individual" (I use that term loosely) was in Complete agreement with everyone about everything--no discussion, no alternating opinions--no passion. It was so...white bread, so perfectly well behaved. The gathering of those who abide in houses that the house shitter shit out (to quote my dear one) was to discuss the new park.

If I am the creative rebel--if I am the dynamic force--well Groucho said it best..
"I don't want to be a member of a club that will admit me."

Now granted they were celebrating a victorious lawsuit to purchase said property away from nasty developers--and I know I have a couple associates in the subs somewhere --but honestly...they were, hell I can't think of the word...oh hang on--UNIFORM!

2 comments:

biscodo said...

Gotta say... the creepiest are those situations where everyone is in agreement and in a self-back-patting head-nodding ego feedback loop. Even if the position is similar to my own, the apathy or comformity (sometimes had to tell which is the dominant characteristic) is enough to make me want to start throwing feces into the audience just to mix things up.

Daye said...

well said!