Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Generally I try not to double dip

But this book is effing fantastic I know a few of my freaky darlings occasionally check out myspace & this pile of pablum I call a blog--but just in case you don't check Shelfari (my third online "presence"-- I just posted this review there--
The book is titled All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well: A Novel it is written by Tod Wodicka
This book caught my eye in the NY Times Book Review last weekend-- because the main character participates (nay claims to have invented) a thinly veiled version of SCA. The thing is that this book is so damn good. It is certainly no "Murder at the War", which is really just a masturbatory report of a random event. No--ASBW&ASBW&AMOTSBW is a brilliant piece of literature. The alienation of the main character is reminiscent of the "dead father" --esp. Don DeLillo's White Noise--it is so poignant and true. So vivid and heart wrenching. This book just crept into my top 10 ever.

1 comment:

Gwyneth said...

I requested it from the library today.