Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sacrificial Bunnies of Paganosity

YAY Sunshine!! I love me some holiday festive type occasions. Esp when they make sense--or when I can rationalize purchasing too much dark chocolate! Today is the equinox!!! There is either an equinox (autumn and spring) or a solstice (summer and winter) on approximately the 21st day of the last month of each season of the year. On the day that has an equinox, the most revered Sun will spend an equal amount of time above and below the horizon at every location on Earth and the night and the day will be of practically the same duration. Just the way it should be. The word equinox is derived from two Latin words aequus (equal) and nox (night). We are gonna have a Spring Gluttony Day when the strawberries hatch but for now--for this glorious four day weekend we shall simply revel in the Vitamin D!! (You will note I am actively avoiding mentioning the fact that they are calling for four inches of snow tomorrow. @!$%!!)

1 comment:

Lilim said...

I strained something in my back, shoveling almost eight inches of heavy, wet snow, today. It was really pretty (ginormous, fluffy flakes, all day), but geez.

Happy Spring/Ostara/Easter/Equinox! I'm gonna go curl up with some chai and a boyfriend with strong, back-rubbing hands.