Saturday, May 24, 2008

phase two

One could choose to look at preparing a meal as a strategic maneuver. One must take into account not only the likes and dislikes of the diners ( the weaknesses and strengths of one's enemy--not that I would cook for enemies--that would be dumb. OOH UNLESS you were gonna pull a Titus Andronicus and feed The goth queen's sons to her in a tasty pie!--ah as usual--I digress.

The planning of a successful dinner party includes precise menu planning and a well thought out schedule. OH yes! a tight schedule. For example today dinner is at 6. In fact dinner is pretty much always at 6 around here. and frankly sometimes getting everything on the table at the right temp is about all I can handle. But today I am in a groove.

The wee beasties (ie eight cornish hens) have been introduced to their orange sesame marinade and snuggled into appropriate roasting pans. That got briefly interesting when I had them all in one big pan looking oh so picture perfect--but the pan wouldn't fit in the oven. good thing I have two ovens!!

In the space of time from the last post I have also gotten the trifle assembled. Coconut custard smothering strawberries which are nestled in bright red layers among giant hunks of angel food cake. It is gonna ROCK! mmm.

No comments: