Sunday, August 31, 2008

chutney update

I know I have a rep for cheesecake and that is all well and good, but I tweaked up the chutney I made for the trout. I may have a new signature dish because peeps were RAVING at Tishies--it ROCKED with the roast piggy. (Oh I finally got to eat a "cheek"--big whoop)

Daye's Chutney of Local Braggadocio

six over ripe michigan peaches (red haven)
six overripe brandywine toms.
1/2 c golden raisin (yes-- I dehydrated them!)
1 tblspoon of curry powder
1 tblspoon of ginger powder
1/2 cup dk. brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar


Put all the non produce related ingredients in sauce pan. Dissolve and start to simmer.
Stem, seed, peel & dice the peaches & toms.
Add peaches & toms & raisins to "sauce" simmer for an hour --lo and slow baybee. I toyed with onions here. Maybe next time.

Serve as an accompaniment to something delicious like a hunk of pulled pork.

1 comment:

Steven D. Krause said...

No fresh ginger? Really? Hmmm....