Monday, February 19, 2018

Fold out spout VS screw cap

I know I keep harping about how much fucking plastic is LITERALLY trashing the ocean. But I can control my plastic usage. I can. (psst... so can you) INSERT TODAY'S RANT.

Bi-pourlar spout
What in the hell is going on here? When did we get TWO spouts on the milk carton? WHY do we need another spout? I clearly remember being at Central Elementary School and buying chocolate milk in cardboard containers for .17 (white milk was .15)  Granted it was often a minor victory to get the origami lid open with my wee tiny fingers. But I handled it! I am not denying that the screw cap is EASIER, but maybe that "struggle" is what made me the super human goddess that I am today. I COULD OPEN A MILK CARTON! IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Here is the reason I feel so angry about this. Stupid birds + stupid caps = frustration  The bird brained albatross, sea gulls and pelicans EAT THE DAMN CAPS. They feel full (of plastic they can't digest) so they don't eat and they DIE. Then bigger predators/scavengers eat their plastic stuffed skins and subsequently become starved and weakened.  This is our fault. Keep track of your bottle caps.

No comments: