Saturday, February 28, 2009

2.28.09 thrifty & old

I turned 42 today.
I managed to renew my license on Thursday. The sec. of state opened at 9--I was outta there at 9:05!! woot!
That should be enough birthday right there.

Oi, not so much-- The cards started last week with the traditional cards w/cash from Daddy/Mom and my grand parents. Apparently my adopted Jewish status allows for a week long celebration. Um...no. I'd rather not, but despite my slight embarrassment it has been a steady stream of cards and love from friends--I am pretty sure R&T planned the 50 year old dog cards--that was very funny.

I am thrilled with the annual Border's gift card from my darling Father-in-law.
The ice cream sundae supply kit from Carol & Rollo was awesome as was the scrabble & LOST fest after dinner last night.

This morning the birthday fairy left awesome gifties scattered around the house; a vintage Chinese cookbook, Muck (tm) Boots, the perfect SpartyMom hoodie, a six pack of Pear cider, a new battery for the key fob for the bug (which actually included sitting at the VW dealer while that issue was dealt with). Matty & Roxy came in late last night and hung out all day. After seeing that the mail brought a package w/two anonymous books--STIFF & BONK--I was pretty sure it was Lisa and Paul and I was correct!!-- We started my day of tyranny with breakfast at Northside Grill where my apple cinnamon oatbran pancakes (real maple syrup! Thanks Tish!) and fresh squeezed OJ and a side of bacon was FREE. (There were a couple good prom dresses at St. Vincent de Paul, but nuthin worth buying). Then we went to Zingermans to get my free six bagels, THEN we wandered around Treasure Mart and Izzy found me three Fiestaware cup & saucer sets!!! We came home and laid around playing whip it w/Luna--scrabble, Wii fit (see b-day cash earlier) and watching cartoons (Cowboy Bebop and Ren&Stimpy) till dinner time, when we went to Yotsuba and pigged out on sushi, went to Toys R Us in search of Katamari and/or the new LOST figurines (nada) came home and guess what??? PLAYED more scrabble!!

The b-day is done now.

No comments: