Tuesday, June 5, 2007


"The fourth step of the Eightfold Path is Right Conduct, meaning to keep the five precepts of not taking life, not taking that which is not given, not committing sexual misconduct, not lying, and abstaining from all forms of intoxication."

Well I haven't ever killed anyone, or stolen anything (well since a souvenir coffee mug that had a five finger discount in 1984) but when we get to the sexual misconduct I am gonna need more specifics. I don't like liars, so I try very hard to not be one because they only thing i hate worse than liars is hypocrites---oh I screwed up again--I don't think I am supposed to really HATE anyone...and I do-- but that is another step. The Loving kindness step right? and that last bit abstaining from intoxication... ah well I guess I just keep trying. Really?? no booze at all? ever? Monks drink..okay maybe I am confusing European monks with buddhist monks. I am doomed.

No comments: