Friday, January 4, 2008

cross the line


Normally I would never dream of crossing a picket line. Never. I am a "rabble rouser". I was instrumental in getting the full time lecturers to get their shit together at EMU. I believe in unions. The Flint UAW thing is legend to me. But dudes--well we may have a problem. This afternoon on NPR I heard that both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will be returning on Monday Jan 7. WITHOUT THE WRITERS. So not only will it be a test to see if Stewart & Colbert still have their comedy chops-- but I can certainly get my antidote to Bush and his administration, even if it is ad libbed.

EXCELLENT!

However dear reader--if you looked at my "myspace" page lately you will have noticed that I am starting to rev up for LOST season 4. Whilst I was wasting another hour of my life (hey layoff-- it's tea time--who the hell am I gonna make cucumber sandwiches for?? the dogs?) I saw this bit on LOSTPEDIA.com

The WGA contracts with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) expired on October 31, 2007. With a 90.3% mandate, WGA members voted for a strike authorization, and on Monday, November 5, the union began striking, despite a last minute attempt to avoid a strike with federal mediator Juan Carlos Gonzalez. Some of the primary issues are residuals for new media distributions, including DVD sales and online downloads and streaming. The last WGA strike was in 1988.
Industry observers had noted that the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and Directors Guild of America (DGA) had major contracts that would expire soon in Spring 2008. Therefore, they thought that WGA might have decided to wait until June 2008, when all three unions could strike simultaneously for increased leverage. The WGA decided otherwise.


Rumor has it that there are only eight epis in the can. ARRRRRGH!! Come on WGA!!! Wrap it UP!!! hustle hustle!! I got tv to watch! In 2006 the writer's of LOST won the WGA Award for "Writing in a Dramatic Series", they totally deserve it. I want them to get a cut of the buck$ I drop on the DVD sets, and the action figures. But I want them to get this settled ASAP. pleeeeeeease
hurry....

2 comments:

Andre said...

I heard they're going to break the season into 2 parts like last year because of the strike. I think it was on NPR that I heard it, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya here. It's bad enough I have " Gramma TV " as your niece puts it, but this really sucks .