Tuesday, January 22, 2008

exquisite sentence structure

Heidi Weiss writes

"The first 15 minutes of Charles Newell's Court Theatre production of "Titus Andronicus" are so brilliant -- staged with such a metabolism-altering rhythmic propulsion and ingenious use of space, and with such a mix of sinister magic and emotional instability -- that you might well find yourself hoping this director's next project is a freshly choreographed version of Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring."

Damn! I would want to see that play even if I didn't already know that Tamora eats her kids in a pie. HEY!! There it is!! The segue I needed for the Sweeney Todd story. "You have read the play haven't you??" That is what I asked the cow with who (m?) I almost got in a fist fight. She was trying to preach family values at Isabel. Have I told you this story?? Oh. well it is a good story. anyway--don't argue lit with me okay?? And she should have controlled her "short people" prejudices.

2 comments:

Gwyneth said...

I haven't heard the story.

Daye said...

eep!!

After Sweeny Todd This chick was making rude comments about "five year olds" and "family movies" so I called her out and pointed out tht Iz is nearly ten (not five) and had read the play. It was pretty funny.