Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Dinner Parties: Lapsang souchong

 The second "Feed My Friends" dinner party went down. It was also a lovely success.  I did another fun meat dish, this time for Andrew and Lisa. It was a tea rubbed pork loin.  On Mother's Day in Boulder we went to the https://www.boulderteahouse.com  and I got their Eggs Benedict made with turkey sausage that had been prepared with Lapsang Souchong tea. It was good, but it needed more fat to balance it out. My pork loin was better. We yapped all night and played with the girls instead of trying to play a board game. I just wanted some down time with them before they move North of the Wall.

I am plotting the third "Feed My Friends" for later this week. My grad school buddy Andre and his lovely Sarah and because Andre...Star Wars: Cards Against Humanity! A couple of pre-reqs this time. Veggie and gluten free. Neither is a problem.  I have an eggplant and yogurt dip starter... and I am thinking about a cheesecake. So many options for the entree.  Gonna have both Izzy and Aidan and lil Hugo so hmmmmm... stay tuned! I am in love with the idea of making spinach souffle/puff things  Cuz remember on Jakku when UnkarrPlutt/Simon Pegg says "ONE QUARTER PORTION"? and then poor Rey has that weird inflate a food thing? It looks like a spinach souffle to me! LOL maybe snacky bites for when we are playing.

No comments: