Friday, August 9, 2019

Oh dear. I guess I have a collection now.

The old stash
I will happily admit, I love Fiestaware. Got 4 of the basic bistro settings at Hudson's back in the 90s. Pete and I both liked the look and we wanted dishes that didn't have bad karma cooties and looked good together. So, I slowly added pieces; teacups and saucers from an antique store in Depot Town. A butter dish from the NPNA rummage sale. Bowls on sale at what is now Marshall Fields. A knock off gravy boat cuz we were clueless.
Sugar bowl and random bits from Kath. But, as of today I have taken inventory. I have learned the diff between "little f" and "big F", why some pieces have stamped makers marks and why some have raised/carved makers marks. Because yesterday, we got a piece I have been longing for: the water carafe, in my beloved indigo.

The everyday dishes have extended past current storage. I think it is safe to now call it a collection.
The dinner plates in their rightful place.

No comments: