Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Ruble Castle

We flew out to L.A. Just to visit Matt and Fabi. I wanted to check out their new place in Glendora CA. To get a feel for their daily life. Ya know, chameleons and cactus versus the squirrels and evergreens of Michigan.

Ironically, while they were at work, Pete and I checked out this amazing place. I came out of it fascinated and inspired. Truly awestruck. Never have I been so impressed with the importance of play. Whimsy and imagination coupled with the strength and focus of an adult.  The ability to have teeter-totters and bBall hoops next to fully functioning kitchens that feed and shower an ever changing number of volunteer friends helping you achieve your dream. There are books. http://www.glendorahistoricalsociety.org/castle/

I get this guy's vision. I am in love, partially because the rusted vehicles reminded me so strongly of my grandpa. But, my pride for this guy's determination and success is because I often fantasize about a hippy commune for my friends. He did it! A little dash of prepper, a lot of ingenuity and teamwork.
wind power



Mr Macy and his hat!


Mannequin indicates dumb waiter #2.




The farm has oranges, olives, kumquats, hens, poms,



One of the kitchens.


the "guest house"


His home base while work circled around him.




cable the schoolkids salvaged




makers spaces EVERYWHERE






People LIVE HERE














100 lbs of popcorn for his Mom's Hollywood pal parties.

This place had SUCH GOOD KARMA.  Amazing.

No comments: