Monday, February 5, 2018

I really am trying to be chipper...

1. The puppy is doing great.  A little "mouthy" but labs are bred to have pretty sensitive mouths so I sure it is normal. Her coat is coming in. The vet was "super pleased" that felt good.
2. Lisa came for a lovely visit, we saw a production by a troupe called Post Modern Jukebox at the Fillmore. Played Scrabble. Baked. We ate like goddesses, had some cocktails and resolved to up out annual visits to six months or less... Thinking DC cherry festival and Folger Library this spring.


I can't help but feel a little guilty for putting so much pressure on her to be my BFF... the realization that I need her to carry so much emotional weight is kinda like comparing the nine potted tropical plants that flank the track at the gym, with the responsibility of making me feel like I did in Hawaii. My expectations are pretty high. She claims she is up for it. Thank the goddess. That being said, I need to articulate that today would have been Victoria's b-day except she died, and it is right on the heels of yesterday being the 5th year I didn't buy Gretchen a birthday present because I can't get flowers delivered to the blues club in heaven.

No comments: