Thursday, February 8, 2018

My attempts at less plastic usage

Welcome to my soap box. I popped into Fresh Thyme today, in prep for the upcoming OMG BLIZZARD WARNING (srsly we live in Michigan. IT SNOWS. oi) and was happy to discover that the deli counter will cheerfully put lunch meat in a reusable container! HUZZAH! Less plastic FTW! I also am excited to see how the cotton mesh produce bags I ordered work out. I consciously chose to get a half gallon of lemonade from Oberweiss cuz it is in a glass reusable jug, just like our beloved Calders milk. IRONY the check out person USED TWO PLASTIC BAGS, ummmmm NO. THANK YOU! I realize it is "heavy" but I can handle it. sheesh

I would take this time to promote the bee's wrap reusable food wraps that I love. While I am at it-- I am also looking at more glass storage containers. I need a couple of rectangle ones for dredging.  My resident hipsters pointed out how the glass leftover storage bowls are so much better than the gladware plastic. I promise not to buy anymore.  #steeldrinkingstraws

No comments: