Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Feed My Friends-Marathon

The Costello/Orselli Clan descended. HUZZAH! I admit it was a challenge keeping track of who was here (anywhere between 2 or 9 at any given meal, even w/out Matt or Joey) or where we even were for much of the past few days! We ate out I am gonna say half the time? #sushiBoat LOL! Cuz VACAY! I made chicken nachos for their arrival, Triple chocolate brownies for gaming later. Boring Breakfast sandwiches. Turkey wraps for lunch once. We killed a melon. One night we did fresh pesto, pasta and meatballs. The poptart and ice cream sandwiches were a hoot. But I want to document the menu for the Costello/Orselli last supper: in reverse order, blueberry/oat crisp served with ice cream in coffee mugs. FTW! Actual dinner was coleslaw, caprese salad (basil is perfect right now can you tell?) It was easy peasy 10 mins beforehand w/that many sous chefs. Finally, my riff on Rollo's infamous 'picnic chicken' marinated in yogurt and spiced with Northwoods from Penzeys was a huge hit.

This morning we had Portugese Sausage SPAM and a frittata that made me very happy. Now they are off to Niagra Falls. sigh. My peoples...

No comments: