Tuesday, May 15, 2018

May 15---

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT GO TO THE DAMN DEMO SESSIONS AT kZOO!!

I don't know why I did this again. The topic seems intriguing and I convince myself that it will be a good expenditure of time. It never is. While I did learn about ExArch (or whatever it is called) last time,  and Cam's archery hands on was effing BRILLIANT! This year I had all I could do to not punch one of the speakers in the face. UGH. On top of forgetting that they are generally aimed at middle school teachers (no offense darlings, it is just not what I need!) I always flash back to my high school speech class.

This year there was a lot of mention of "FoodWays" which I had hoped would be leftover or trickle down from Leeds last year, but alas and forsooth, it was just another how to make skyr and oatcakes class. SIGH. Except, bees? NO. Guess who yanked my chain? I don't want to talk about it. Except bread? NO. She did the best job of the four and I have to admit handing out dried sourdough starter was pretty cool. In fact, I shall record Isabel's foray into REAL bread here. Step one, not using my iron heavy well water to get the wee beasties revived.

No comments: