Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 1st, end of Veggie Challenge

I easily survived my vegetarian challenge. I am gonna give myself an "A-".  I slipped twice.
1.) I confess taste tested the chicken paprikas I made for my father-in-law. I did not eat an entire portion, but I did want to be sure it was yummy before I fed it to him. It was!
So, one conscious bite of chicken thigh.

2.) Last Sunday during D&D-- Z brought me a plate of snacks. I was DMing and I distractedly nommed a prosciutto and mozzarella stick, which I swallowed before I remembered.  I am certain I could go 100% veggie and probably not really notice. I did lose 4.2 lbs but that could be correlational with a lack of Girl Scout cookies.

A couple of times lunch was running late and my habit was to swing into a fast-food drive-thru lane and grab a quick burger but I remembered, and guess what? I made it home and didn't die before I fed myself healthy stuff at home.  I never broke down and drove to Leo's for a coney dog. I didn't curl up and wither away without a pork chop.  I am a little over chickpeas at the moment but I can comfortably say, "I did that."

No comments: