Friday, March 27, 2020

Fight Night at the Joe #23

"Blood on the Ice" a donnybrook cocktail.

Back in '97 there was a game that shall forever be remembered. The year before there was an incident between Drapes and Lemieux. It was nasty. https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/03/23/red-wings-avalanche-fights/99495676/ THEN THERE WAS VENGEANCE...301 days later The Ferda was strong and the rivalry between the Wings and the Avs was official.

We lived at the Wallace house then and my new fridge made crushed ice. Between periods I boogied out to the kitchen to make a new drink and of course took advantage of the crushed ice. Moving quickly, I dashed some vodka across the top of the packed snow and then some bloody mary mix, which pooled and floated on the chilled vodka. My drink looked A LOT like the ice did at the end of The BRAWL.

Mac was "my boy" (he still is... the big goof ball) and his honorable and passionate team spirit has been inspirational and so in honor of his loyalty... I created a drink I call "Blood on the Ice".

No comments: