Monday, October 25, 2021

Rain on a tin roof

A little prewriting session before I get to work wrapping up "GrunkleStan and the derelict cabin". It was 48F,raining and dark as balls. In a synchronous and dare I say, efficent?, move to release the chickens and save my poor toes from going numb the first hour I am out here in my: "Headspace Hideout", my Writing Shed, my Haven, my "shed of one's own"-- I did a thing. AFTER hustling out to the shed, with a shawl over my head looking like a spaceage Ma Ingalls,I turned the lil space heater on. (Can't you just see? Jammies, crocs and umbrella? LOLS.) I'll bet Caroline Ingalls WISHED she had my little Heaterito! This was BEFORE I did morning chores. Then I made a mocha to go and... it is so lovely. The quiet rain thrumming steadily,the cinnamon on my mug overrides the still fresh paint smell. OK. Time to get to work.

No comments: