Monday, November 1, 2021

The French Dispatch-TWO THUMBS UP!

It is such a relief to know that everyone in the Michigan Theater (and The State) has shown proof of vaccination. I like movies. Some really need the big screen. We saw our second film Saturday. Izzy was off to Anna's for a Halloween party and Z was at work till 8 so for once it was just Pete and me. The film was worth the risk. I love Wes Anderson. And not just because he is basically my age and a fucking American success! But truly, he is well known for his distinctive eccentricity. His unique voice is at once dry and heartfelt. His visual and narrative style is as marked as Tim Burton or Hitchcock, you know what you are getting! This one even had some fresh animated transitions. I think my favorite is prly Moonrise Kingdom or The Fantastic Mr. Fox, but I do adore Grand Budapest and Life Aquatic. It is tough to choose a favorite, and this one was poking at writers! IN FRENCH! It was delightful. I laughed... a lot! Cuz...Bill Murray.

No comments: