Friday, March 15, 2019

Last three days in the Tall Left Handed Kitchen

I have beans soaking for a chili contest/bDay party on Saturday.
I have roll out cookie dough chilling in fridge for Shamrock Green Tea cookies for Sunday.
90% of the kitchen has been Marie Kondo-ed.
80% of the kitchen is in boxes in basement.

Tonight is the last proper dinner cooked in this GOD AWFUL KITCHEN.  Ok, the room isn't that bad. I fell in love with the space when we bought the house in August of 2007. But I have been very patient. Cosmetically, the feel is very 70s. Sleek. Modern Danish(?) NOT MY STYLE. It was also done very "economically" and those tall left handed people were also very confident in their own handiwork. Which, to be fair made it about 30 years. But, it is impossible to get replacement "custom" parts. I do know it is gonna get worse before it gets better. I am completely familiar with "This Old House" projects and if the builder guy (I will call him Mike, for that is his name) says "two weeks" I know that IRL?--That prly means 3-4 weeks.  But, I am genuinely excited to NOT have my cooktop at boob height. To be able to mop the floor and not make stone age tools with the shards. To OPEN THE DRAWER with (gasp!) a drawer pull.  To have a little counter space to the RIGHT-hand side of wherever I am working.

Things I am worried about: no decisions have been made on new flooring or lighting. Pete claims Motowi is gonna do the backsplash but we haven't told THEM that yet! Letting dogs out should be interesting-- our front door has very steep (c1901) steps, not great for poor old Luna hips.

I need to go gut the pantry.




No comments: