Saturday, July 18, 2020

2.8 miles OR Found in the Wild!

$10. No Holla
The subdivision had a rummage sale. It was hot. But the mere idea that there MIGHT be fiestaware (tm) and the doggo's needing walking, got me up off the couch this sunny Saturday.  The family promenaded around the sub.

Really the sub isn't a likely prospect for Vintage Pottery but as I sat in the shade holding Lark and Keiki's leashes, Pete came back and said, "You should go look at the fiestaware and I should hold the dogs." He is so damn sexy. LOL

I leaped up and zeroed in on the tiny stack.  They had an odd group of luncheon plates and bread and butter plates. And one little orphan sugar bowl. No Lid. No Creamer, BUT no chips or glaze flaws. I am not big on Turquoise but I couldn't leave it behind. I am a sucker for the silhouette and the scroll handles. The Ivory Dinner Plate (9.5") was gonna need some love. She had a lot of utensil marks. Barkeeper's Friend and two minutes of gentle polishing and she is in rotation.

No comments: