Tuesday, July 21, 2020

These puppers, keeping me on my toes...

When Luna started to refuse her meds I started burying it in all kinds of lovely cheesy gravy bits. She started to really lose her appetite and the tempting mush portions of her food became the larger portion of her daily kibble. Keiki usually only needed a spoonful of whatever flavor boost Luna was getting and she joyfully scarfed down her dry kibble like there was no tomorrow.

Now Lark arrives and is a damn food snot! There was the whole puppy vs big girl drama, which? Honestly? I have given up on the puppy formula. It is pricey and nobody was eating it. So neither of them eats till they are ravenous. But, they get all mental and rowdy when they are hungry. If their tummies are full they are well behaved. I am not making gravy special plates twice a day for these two perfectly healthy dogs.  The dry kibble just sits in the bowls.

They get spaz. I give them a greenie (30 seconds of peace). One per day.  They start wrestling but the lawn guys are here.  Okay, have a bullystick. Lark takes about an hour and Keiki about 20 minutes to devour, but then they are full of rich treat and don't eat the kibble.  But boy are they interested in whatever we are eating!

I do have a good system going with stuffed/frozen Kongs at dinner. So they aren't begging at the table.  Any comments? advice to get them to eat dry kibble breakfast? shared anecdotes? If you don't want to respond here my email is wgouine1ATmacDOTcom.

1 comment:

peanut said...

I sure do love those crazy dogs