Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday, Jan 6, 2021

 6:40 am

I have insomnia. So at 3am I listen to podcasts; primarily to remember normal conversation. "Ologies" is my favorite. I listen to "The Winged Wheel" to keep up on hockey.  I enjoy MBMBAM and all of their shenanigans. Esp, "Shmanners".  I adore "The History of English". I used to enjoy Kevin Smith and Marc Benardin's  Fatman Beyond. Somehow Apple got TedTalks in my queue and this morning I ended up listening to "The Science of Happiness"  There was a Cis couple and also a grown daughter and her father. They all mentioned an exercise:

 https://ggia.berkeley.edu/practice/36_questions_for_increasing_closeness   

From this random collection I gleaned the following soundbites.

Time means nothing.

Conscious breath is helpful.

Mindfulness is vital.

I crave excitement and novelty.

I hope my kids trust me.

Also, every ad in all my algorithms, is pushing online therapists. WTF?!

The New York Times just thumped onto the back porch. I look forward to not completing the crossword puzzle.

7:00am


No comments: